We've been here for 2 years, today! So thankful for the beauty surrounding us, the challenges and lessons we learn / face every day, the time together, and the ways we are growing.
We (and by we, I mean Merle and Dusty) have worked up half of the new field as part of our expansion. Merle plowed (twice) and then picked rocks (must add photo of the rock pile...) and then Dusty tilled, worked two 18 wheelers worth of mushroom compost into the field, and then tilled again. Now we will begin covering with fabric, sowing seeds for spring blooms and prepping rows for early spring plantings. SO EXCITING!!!
What's happening here, you ask?
- Our tenant is moving out and I will be moving into the cottage (!!!) in October (!!!)
- Mom is having ablation surgery on 9/21 (prayers appreciated!) we are hoping that this is a long term solution to her A-Fib issues
- Pumpkins are growing in all different shapes, sizes and colors...
- Dahlias are really getting started (AND ITS SO FUN!!!)
- The Ravens are 1 - 0!!!
- We are getting a couple more sheep (tomorrow) and are excited to watch the transition (and this means LAMBS!!!)
- Contemplating a puppy, or, breeding Belle (PUPPIES!!!)
- First frost is just around the corner...
So many exclamation points so little time...
Thanks for reading! Be sure to check out of FLOWERS page for pixx of what we grow and sell!